The Fit Fix Blog
Posted November 23rd, 2016 @ 09:11pm by: Jessica Olson
On the Eve of Thanksgiving, I know all of us are clearly planning out how we can make our Thanksgiving a healthy day.......(insert laughter at my optimistic outlook on?other's denial of thanksgiving comfort foods). Well, I'm here to tell you, we don't need to abandon all of our healthy habits to truly enjoy this holiday!
Here's a few ways to enjoy your thanksgiving day without breaking your scale in the morning...
1) Begin and end your day with water!?When our body is dehydrated we confuse thirst for hunger and eat to satisfy that.
2) Don't skip?your workout.?Do it?right away in the morning to alleviate excuses not to. Amp up the intensity as well, your Thanksgiving meal will be your reward!
3) Have a healthy hearty breakfast. Strive for a?nutritious base of lean protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates! Try this:
1?C. plain greek yogurt
1/2 C. berries (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry)
2 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
1 tsp chia seeds
This recipe will keep you full and energized well into the day!
4) Prioritize your meal. Start with turkey, the protein is harder to digest making your body work harder to do so.?Next?have your?vegetable dish, the fiber?will fill you up. With that order your sure to decrease the breads, potatoes and other treats you consume! Note that I'm not saying you need to eliminate these favorites, but moderation is key!
5) Don't be too hard on yourself. Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful, and spend time with the ones we love! Reward yourself for the healthy choices you have made and enjoy the ones you haven't.?A bad?day or a bad meal doesn't ruin a?healthy life...giving up on it does.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Fit Fix!